I’ve been pretty pissed of about a bunch of shit lately. But its hard for some one with my lack of writing skills to rant about things that piss me off in a manner that is entertaining to read. So in the spirit of recognizing ones weaknesses I have decided to just make a brief list.
1. Fast (if by fast you mean taking your self to seriously) Friday
Ok really guys no one cares. I’m happy that your happy about the scene you created but will you please stop making movies and publishing books about it.
2. Random Relay Races in Prospect Park.
There is a reason they don’t randomly pick teams in real racing. It really sucks to work and train hard and then get paired with some dude who is geared for bar spins and is clearly there for the participation cool points and the spoke card.
3. The notion that there should be an “even playing field” in cycling.
Listen mother fuckers I don’t know who taught you this bullshit hippie idea that the slower people should get a chance to but I’m hear to tell you that its fucking dumb. People need to learn about racing, getting dropped, and hurting that’s how people get faster. This is bike racing not kindergarten where everyone macaroni art goes on the wall.
Now I would like to present to you with a few things that are awesome.
1. Greg Lemond heckling Lance in Vegas. The story in on Velonews.com you clearly have the internet so go read it.
2. So I found an interview with Keith Bontrager talking about cross racing. He was asked why the sport is not as big in the US as it is in Belgium. This was his response; “Serve some good beer and frites at a cross race (legally) and you will quickly fill the woods with raving fans. It will take them a few years to know what they are screaming about, but it will work out eventually.”
3. Andrew wrote a write up about his first time at Hiller Than Thou. So go read it.
4. In case anyone is interested in old news my “official” race report from GMSR 08 is posted on the Kissena website. it’s the last thing on the front page its been there a while and its about to be relegated to the older news page so I figure if anyone is still interested you can go check out the “official” version of the events although its surprisingly similar to the “un-official” one.