Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Day one of the shittiest weather of the season

If there is one thing I don't like, it is a bad attitude. You'll catch me talking shit, but when it comes down to it, I really could care less. Talking shit is a way to pass time. It is really funny and hilarious and the main way I find things in common with others. Regardless, it is cool with me that some people are into riding fixed gears and track bikes right now because it is what is trendy- I have done less cool things in my life, and they too were just phases. It's difficult because you can't take a position on anything, or choose not to take a position without being called out as a hypocrite. I think the fact of the matter is that I just do not care at all. I'm not a bike messenger, I'm not a "legit" scene kid, and that's really ok with me. I would prefer that. I seem to have friends who manage to find ways to respect me, which makes me feel as though I must be doing something right. In the mean time, I'm going to remain off the forums and websites and try to do my thing. Hopefully that doesn't offend anyone.

It's really exhausting to get upset and throw a fit because people on the internet don't totally subscribe to what you're doing. Talking shit is hilarious, and I think everyone can take a second to laugh at themselves. This is the reason why I give shit to my friends. Everyone needs to get knocked down for a second. Suck it up and keep doing your shit.

Also- I am really upset that Dan has complete control over the profile of our blog and also complete editorial control. This is a democracy. I have been abstaining from blogging because my last post was deleted due to Dan's executive decision that it was lame and he didn't want it online and it pissed me off. This is bullshit and I want to expose him.

PS: New York City, I missed you so much.

No comments: